Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I think I'll open a pharmacy

On Friday, Chloe & I took Star to the vet. She weighs 6lbs. She has a intestinal parasite, common to puppies, and the beginnings of kennel cough, & a skin infection.
This requires diarrhea medication once a day for 10 days. The antibiotic is 2 times per day for 10 days. That's puppy medication 3 times per day. Thankfully it tastes good to her.

Chloe has just finished up 10 days worth of oral antibiotics & two times per day (for 10 days) ear drop antibiotics. Then when all finished w/ those, we had to add another medication for 3 days. Sweet girl, she had a inner ear infection & a perforated ear drum. Lots of junk comes out of that ear. And severe swimmer's ear in both ears.

Today she went for a follow-up to the pediatrician & the used a water pik (like for your teeth) to clean out her ears. That sure beats the bulb syringe I've been using at home. Chunks of yuck, came out of both ears. The doctor could see both ears clearly & all is well.

Chloe is thankful that she can swim again. And I'm thankful to only have one small bottle of puppy medicine on my counter & that I didn't give the wrong medicine to any creature. Whew !

No comments: