No other treats. No dog treats. No food from the table (fat chance). Only vegetables & fruit. She likes green beans & apples. Which leads me to....no bones. She is a chewing dog. Worse lately. I don't know the schedule of dogs getting teeth, like I do with kids. I was bragging on her and how good she was now that she was a year old. Out the window.
She likes bones. Those are out. And things that squeak. Those are out......outside. Cause she only likes the really LOUD squeaky ones. She does NOT like carrots. Found the barely nibbled carrot under the couch. In the evening, the dog just needs to chew. She's bored. Kids are in bed. I'm not paying much attention. She's bored and NAUGHTY !
While putting the kids to bed, she chewed up a pencil. Then she continued to chew up the pieces that remained & swallow them. She.....AKA... DOG has a "garbage gut". I remember my sister-in-law saying that about her kids. Well that's our dog.
Here's her favorite chew toys....including, but not limited to.
- Lovies. Stuffed animals. Chloe's in particular. Such a selection. She loves to be chased and yelled at. DOG is currently outside, so lovies are not in danger.
- Toilet paper. Off the roll or from the trash. No preference. Knows how to lift the lid on the bathroom trashcan. Extra money spent for cute little lidded trash in downstairs bath....waste of money. Someone said I should shut the door to the bath. I do. No one else does.
- Paper cups. Go nicely with a side of toilet paper.
- My Little Pony. A tasty favorite. Except the hair. She eats around it.
- Nerf gun darts. If she could, she'd plead self-defense.
- Herself. Because she is such an itchy puppy, she attempts to eat herself. Chew areas to the point where she makes hot spots on herself. Or itch the hair off of the back of her ears. Or licks.....OK, we're not going there.
- Hydrocortisone cream. Yummy.
- Ant bait. Now that's a story. Mental note, to include that in the next post.
- Pencils. Which is still currently shredded by the sliding glass door.
- The traditional shoes.
- and the list goes on.......
I'm convinced she will be the first dog in history to consume.....herself. Poor puppy. Which is why we are doing this food challenge. She is probably in need of another steroid injection and I'm not convinced that the salmon is the best choice for her.
Mr B says put her on Alpo. Junk food. McDonald's for dogs. Mr B says, "all my dogs ate that growing up and they were just fine. Stop all the designer food and give her Kibbles n Bits".
Until then, I'll get her some.......ICE ! That'll give her something to do until she chomps it up, it melts or she loses it under the cabinet. She sits by the refridgerator until you throw cubes of ice on the floor.....and "oh goodie, look at me, look at me."
Until the 6 months are up to determine if she's truly allergic.....yup, you heard me SIX months for the food challenge....I'll be looking for things for her to chew on.
DOG says, "But why master would you try to find me something to chew on, or why should I eat the food in my bowl.....when you provide me a daily buffet of choices all throughout the house?"
The lid to the trash just went clunk. I know, I know.....who left the bathroom door open this time ?
That's me. Not the DOG.