Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My too far away....friend.

When we moved here 3 years ago this week, I had to leave my favorite backyard, my favorite gardens, the nursery I had brought my babies home to, & my favorite friend, Mary Anne. I cried so hard. We had a choice to make. Work hard & persevere despite the distance, or let our friendship dwindle to yearly Christmas cards.

Well, I'm very pleased to say, that our friendship has continued & changed, as it should. We've changed, our lives have changed, and we are no longer within walking distance of each other. We put forth lots of effort. And we both have unlimited long-distance !! That helps too.

MaryAnne is whom I can call at anytime & talk about anything or nothing. I love many qualities about her.....she's real, she's funny, she's open, she's kind, and she loves the Lord. We manage to see each other at least once a year, if not more. We have spent 2 Thanksgivings together & their family will be joining us again this year. Yea !

She sent me a beautiful placque that I keep in the window near the kitchen sink. It arrived on the first day I sent Chloe to kindergarten. Fabulous timing. I see it often & am reminded that life on this earth is just a fraction of time, done in a blink of an eye, it's temporary. Our real home is in heaven with Jesus.
Isn't this the coolest.... "In my Father's house there are many mansions....John 14:2. I hope mine is next to yours". ME TOO !!

Here's to my BFF, Mary Anne ! (I so feel like I'm in Jr High....you know, middle school). I hope you are feeling better, friend. Happy Birthday. Praying for many more years of true JOY.

No comments: