Saturday, March 21, 2009

leprechaun conclusion

Well, the "tomorrow" that I promised has turned into several days, but none-the-less, well worth waiting for the conclusion.

After all the preparation for the little green fella, it was time for bed. Surprisingly, the kids went to be quite easily. As Mr B & I are getting ready for bed, he says "I think this is going to be like Christmas eve" (when they get up multiple times in the middle of the night to check the stockings). I told him I didn't think so, but that Chloe had been singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", while she was preparing her leprechaun trap.

Well, Mr B could have said "I told you so", but he didn't. He slept through it all. OK. Let's put it this way. He doesn't remember his participation in it all, even though he had several conversations with Chloe & I, in the middle of the night. Guess he was talking in his sleep.

When the clock said 2:30am, Chloe creeps into my room and asks to snuggle. She had no intention of going back to sleep, and proceeds to talk about the leprechaun for the next 30 minutes. Her banter went something like this....."I hope we caught a....a.....a.....what do you call him mom, the little green guy?" (leprechaun) "so he will tell us where his pot of gold is hidden. I wonder how big he really is? What if he's asleep downstairs right now in my trap and he wakes up before we go down there and gets away?" (you can see where this is going, don't you?) "You have to blink really fast cause he's quick and he will get away if you're not careful. I've been practicing keeping my eyes open like this......and if he asks me to close my eyes and count to ten.....I'm not gonna do it".

A short pause, only to make me think she may go to sleep. This lasts for a minute as she is planning. Then it starts all over again. It's at this point, I tell her we are going downstairs to see the trap, and then we will come back and go to sleep. But we need to quiet, so as not to wake Ben or Daddy. (Daddy has contributed some mumblings to this conversation all the while she is in our bed).

The next clip shows Chloe & my 3:00am quest to see a little green leprechaun. He left the kids gold & green Reese's peanut butter cups & a gold dollar coin. Chloe brought one up to Daddy and they had quite the conversation about if he should eat it or save it til morning (he doesn't remember this either).



We overslept on St Patrick's Day morning, probably do to the shenanigans in the middle of the night. Chloe did a great job of letting Ben discover all that was left in the wake of the little green man, even though she had seen it all already. Ben sure wants to believe in magic, but his logical mind is getting in the way. In this last video, if you notice he gives me the "hairy eye ball" after he sees the open cabinets & towards the end says to me, "are you sure you didn't do it?"

You know what I wish that little leprechaun would have done ? Fold the laundry !




1 comment:

Shannon said...

Cute vids!Cuter kids! Chloe was all excited wasn't she? Love it. Hey I think we have the same purse - green one on the counter? Target special? Too funny.